iShares appoints Fehrenbach as Country Head Germany
Barclays Global Investors (BGI), the world's largest provider of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) has appointed Andreas Fehrenbach as Country Head of its fastest growing market, Germany.
Fehrenbach joins iShares from Activest Investment Group, where he was responsible for the turn-around of the business in Germany. He served some 12 years in a variety of roles within HypoVereinsbank/Activest ranging from Retail-Sales and Product Management to CEO Activest Group.
Chris Sutton, CEO iShares Europe, said: 'I am delighted to welcome Andreas to iShares in Europe. Germany is our fastest growing market this year and we expect to see continued growth, so his expertise and knowledge of this market will prove invaluable to us. He has worked across a broad range of financial services, with extensive experience in asset management. Andreas is uniquely qualified for the position and he will be a valuable addition to iShares' management team.'
Sutton added: 'We have seen our business grow from strength to strength in the last 9 months, which is a good indicator that we are providing the right products to investors. Our assets under management have grown from EUR 10.3 billion in January to EUR 14.5 billion today.'
BGI is the largest manager of ETFs in the world with over 166 funds listed globally, totalling over USD 231.6 billion in assets under management. In Germany, iShares plc now has 32 ETFs listed on the Deutsche Börse.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund