Eurex trading volume up 14 per cent in September
A total of 134 million derivative contracts were traded on Eurex in September, representing a 14 per cent increase on the previous year and a 25 per cent increase on the previous month.
The total number of contracts on Eurex to date in 2006 is 1.17 billion contracts, an increase of approximately 25 per cent on the same period in 2005. Average daily trading volume at Eurex currently stands at 6.1 million contracts.
In September, the fixed-income derivatives segment was the most heavily traded segment at Eurex, with approximately 70 million traded contracts. The Euro-Bund Future remained the most heavily traded contract at Eurex with 30 million contracts traded, an increase of 6 per cent year-on-year and 44 per cent on the previous month. The Euro-Bobl Future was up 12 per cent year-on-year with 15.7 million contracts traded and the Euro-Schatz Future was also up approximately 24 per cent year-on-year with 16.4 million contracts traded. Options on the Euro-Schatz Future had a record month with 2.1 million traded contracts.
In the equity-based derivatives segment, a total of 64 million contracts were traded in September. Of these, 43.4 million contracts were based on equity index derivatives and 20.7 million contracts on equity derivatives (equity options and single stock futures). The most heavily traded equity derivative at Eurex in September was the Dow Jones EURO STOXX 50 index future, with approximately 20.9 million contracts traded. This marks an increase of almost 38 per cent year-on-year.
Approximately EUR 13.3 billion (single counting) was traded in September on the electronic trading platform Eurex Bonds, which rounds out Eurex's fixed-income product range. This represent an increase of 4 per cent on the previous year (September 2005: EUR 12.8 billion). Since the introduction of automatic processing of trading in the German inflation-linked bond on 11 September, a total of EUR 475 million was traded in this product. Total volume traded in the bond from March was EUR 1.58 billion.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location