Parker Global launches energy and global natural resources fund
Parker Global Strategies has launched its first energy and natural resources fund of funds, PGS Global Energy Edge, a sector-focused fund that has initially invested in 23 managers with expertise in various energy and natural resources sectors.
'This is one of the most exciting sectors in the investible universe, and we believe it will be a vital component of investors' portfolios going forward,' says Virginia Parker, the firm's president and founder.
Each of the selected managers focuses on different segments within the sector, diversifying the portfolio across energy, utilities, natural resources, power, materials, infrastructure and alternative and clean technologies.
According Parker, key drivers of the energy and natural resources markets include demand for fossil fuels that is expected to outstrip supply by between 2010 and 2015, as well as power and water infrastructure that is outdated and need to be improved.
Corporate and consumer demand for alternative energy solution is being driven by high oil and natural gas prices that will increase pressure to offer cheaper alternatives. Meanwhile restrictions on carbon emissions under the Kyoto Protocol and the EU Emissions Trading Scheme are being backed up by economic incentives for industries and companies to produce renewable energy.
Parker Global Strategies provides institutional and high net worth clients with customised funds of hedge funds, investing across a broad spectrum of strategies, markets, and regions. The firm prides itself on its innovative investment solutions including index-linked products, portable alpha and comprehensive risk oversight.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location