Man Investments launches Man AP Spectrum Ltd
Man Investments has launched a new capital guaranteed product in its Man AP family. Man AP Spectrum Ltd combines the performance of the AHL Institutional Programme with a significant allocation to Bayswater, a San Francisco-based quantitative global macro manager.
It also allocates capital to four Man Global Strategies style portfolios to provide added opportunities for profit and diversification.
Man Investments stated: 'The Bayswater Macro Programme achieved annualised returns of 14.4% between 1 August 2004 and 28 February 2007 while the AHL Institutional Programme generated annualised returns of 17.1% in the timeframe 17 October 1995 to 28 February 2007. Man Investments stated: 'Both AHL and Bayswater are built on the philosophy that financial markets are inefficient and can be exploited by applying systematic and non-discretionary trading models. The difference is that Bayswater takes a longer term global macro approach while AHL aims to capture short and medium term trends on a wide range of global markets. The mix of the two managers in a portfolio is attractive since they are complementary due to the low correlation (0.28 for the period 1 August 2004 to 28 February 2007) and have the potential to capture profits at different points in a market cycle in a wide range of markets.'
'We are pleased to offer investors access to Bayswater as a core component of a structured investment product for the first time', said John Morrison, Chief Executive of Man Investments, 'the complementary nature of AHL and Bayswater will add a new dimension to the traditional Man AP portfolio'.
Man AP Spectrum Ltd is offered in a choice of USD and EUR bonds, each targeting mean annualised returns of 13-16% (USD bonds) and 11-14% (EUR bonds) for a mean annualised volatility of about 9-11% for both bond classes. Investors will also benefit from a capital guarantee provided by Merrill Lynch International Bank Limited, and a profit lock-in feature.
Man AP Spectrum Ltd is open for investment until 4 June 2007.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location