Withers continues to build funds expertise with new partner hire
Withers LLP continues to build its Funds, Investment, Tax and Trust Practice with the appointment of funds partner John Greenwood, who joins Withers from Appleby Hunter Bailhache in the British Virgin Islands, where he was a partner.
Greenwood has extensive international knowledge and experience of investment funds and asset management. He has advised on establishing and maintaining a wide variety of private investment funds, alternative investment schemes and hedge funds. John is also an experienced insolvency practitioner. He is qualified to practise in England and Wales, the British Virgin Islands, Anguilla and Bermuda.
Greenwood said: 'I look forward to working with the team to provide clients with quality legal advice, both onshore and offshore. Withers' global presence enables us to serve clients in the major financial centres for hedge fund managers and financial institutions worldwide.'
A sample of the deals Greenwood has advised on are:
- USD 1 Billion Village Roadshow Securitisation
- Liquidator of Meridian Income Bond Limited collapse, a BVI Mutual Fund
- Advising Private Equity Investors on collapse of Asprey and Garrard
- Advising Russian Banks on Debt Issuances. ABH Limited, part of Alfa Bank.
- Advised on Travellers/Metlife transaction, providing BVI regulatory advice.
Withers' 34-strong Funds, Investment, Tax and Trust Practice was founded in June 2006. It focuses on the rapidly growing alternative funds sector including hedge and private equity funds, property and art investment vehicles and brings together tax, private client, funds and corporate specialists to provide an integrated service to a diverse range of international clients. The group works across the firm's offices, particularly those in London and the US including the new office in Greenwich, Connecticut - an important centre for hedge and private equity fund activity.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location