Save the date for QWAFAFEW AND PRMIA joint meeting
The 42nd meeting of Chicago QWAFAFEW (Quantitative Work Alliance for Applied Finance, Education & Wisdom) will be held on Thursday, 14 June from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the members lounge of the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), 400 South LaSalle Street, Chicago. This meeting will be a joint meeting with PRMIA (Professional Risk Managers' International Association).
The meeting's theme is: 'New Developments in Exchange-listed Derivatives: Volatility, Credit, Portfolio Margining, and ETNs.'
The topics covered are expected to have an impact on trading volumes of the U.S. derivatives exchanges.
The four panelists will be:
- Douglas J Engmann, Senior EVP and Managing Director of Equities, FIMAT USA, in San Francisco. Mr Engmann will provide highlights of the groundbreaking new Portfolio Margining rules that make the US equity markets more competitive in a world where cross-border trading is common, and where capital moves quickly to the most efficient markets.
- Philippe El-Asmar, Managing Director at Barclays Capital in New York. Mr El-Asmar will present an overview of exchange-traded notes (ETNs) and structured products that provide exposure to commodities, emerging markets, currencies and buy-write options strategies.
- Ben Londergan, Co-CEO of Group One Trading in Chicago. Mr Londergan's firm serves as designated primary marketmaker (DPM) for the VIX options. The subject of whether Volatility can serve as an efficient asset class or diversifier has attracted much attention in the past couple of years.
- Izzy Nelken, President of Super Computer Consulting in Northbrook, IL. Dr Nelken will deliver a short presentation on 'Where Credit and Equity Derivatives Meet' with a primer and case study on credit derivatives.
Matthew Moran of the CBOE will serve as moderator for the meeting.
Chicago QWAFAFEW manages the meeting registration and admission payment process using Acteva. Admission is USD10 in advance (or USD 15 at the door) with snacks and drinks provided.
Please RSVP at http://www.acteva.com/go/ChicagoQWAFAFEW by Thursday, 7 June.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location