Augustus Asset Managers names Gary Droscoski to lead US sales drive
Augustus Asset Managers, the London-based specialist fixed-income and currency asset management firm that won its independence from Julius Baer in January, has appointed Gary Droscoski to lead efforts to promote its long-only, absolute return and hedge fund products to US investors.
Droscoski was previously a vice-president at Atlantic Asset Management focused on business
development and consultant relations and responsible for direct sales to corporate plans, endowments and foundations, and insurance companies, identifying and developing new business opportunities within the US and European institutional consultant market. Earlier he marketed fixed-income and equity investment strategies to insurance companies as a vice-president of Conning Asset Management.
'The US has been a key market for our specialist fixed-income offering since 1983,' says Augustus president Edward Dove. 'Now that our company is distinct from the Julius Baer group, we have been looking for the right person to head our sales efforts for our range of products in this core market. I am delighted we have been able to attract someone of Gary's calibre and experience.'
Adds Droscoski: 'I am delighted to be given the opportunity to work with Augustus and am looking forward to developing and expanding the existing business in the US.'
Augustus has been managing fixed-income portfolios for 23 years, pre-dating the establishment of the benchmark Citigroup World Government Bond Index, and employs more than 50 people, including 17 investment professionals. The firm has total assets under management of around USD8bn in long-only, hedge and absolute return products that cover the full risk spectrum.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location