Ellis joins Everest Capital to boost institutional support functions
Ross Ellis has joined the Miami office of global hedge fund management firm Everest Capital as a director to boost the firm's institutional support functions, focusing on enhancing investor communications. Before joining Everest, he worked at SEI, based in Oaks, Pennsylvania, in a variety of product development and marketing roles.
A global multi-asset, multi-strategy manager with more than USD2.3bn in assets, Everest Capital was founded in 1990 as a global macro manager by Marko Dimitrijevic, who previously worked for pioneering activist investors Nelson Peltz and Peter May.
The firm's range of strategies focuses on debt and equity securities in the US, Europe, Japan and emerging markets, as well as on arbitrage and special situations. Its four global strategies and regional portfolios covering Europe, Asia, China and Japan are available to non-US investors in US dollar-, euro- and yen-denominated shares, as well as to US investors through limited partnerships.
The firm, whose clients include leading pension funds, endowments, foundations and financial institutions, has its headquarters in Hamilton, Bermuda, and also has offices in Bermuda, Geneva, Singapore and Shanghai.
Its global investment focus is reflected in the fact that more than half the firm's 40 professionals and support staff coming from outside the US and are fluent in languages including Arabic, Cantonese, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese, Malay, Mandarin, Portuguese, Serbo-Croat and Spanish.
Everest has bounced back since 1998, when the firm lost some USD1.3bn, nearly half of its then assets under management, following the Russian debt default that resulted in the collapse of Long Term Capital Management. The Everest Capital Frontier fund (now Everest Capital Emerging Markets), which held nearly half its assets in Russia at the time, lost 73 per cent of its value.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund