Eurex trading volumes rose by 52 per cent to 162 million contracts in July
Trading volume at the international derivatives exchange Eurex reached 162.4 million contracts, a rise of 52 per cent year on year (July 2006: 107million). The daily average trading volume was 7.4 million compared with 5.1 million a year ago.
Drivers of growth were the segments equity indexand fixed income derivatives. The first seven months of this year saw a volume of 1.13 billion contracts, an increase of 22 per cent over the same period last year.
Equity index derivatives saw the strongest growth, the segment reached 62.5 million contracts, an increase of 66 per cent compared with 37.5 million contracts in July 2006. Thereof, 27.2 million contracts were traded of the Dow Jones Euro STOXX 50® index future (July 2006: 16.3 million) and another 19.8 million contracts in the Dow Jones Euro STOXX 50 index option. DAX options and futures recorded a combined volume of more than 13 million contracts.
Contract turnover in the fixed income segment in July was up 45 per cent to 73 million (July 2006: 50.3 million). The Euro Bund future saw a volume of 33 million contracts (July 2006: 21.7 million). 15 million contracts were traded in the Euro Bobl futures (+ 34 per cent), 15.6 million contracts in the Euro Schatz future (+ 47 per cent). Options on the Euro Bund future and Euro Bobl future set a new record with 5.5 million respective 2.5 million contracts. The previous record stood at 5.4 million in June 2007 (Bund) and 2.1 million in July 2006 (Bobl).
Trading volume in equity derivatives (equity options and single stock futures) accounted for 26.7 million contracts (July 2006: 19.2 million). The most heavily traded equity option was Allianz with 2.9 million contracts. The most heavily traded single stock future was on Banco Bilbao with 736,600 contracts.
Approximately EUR12.12 billion (single counting) was traded in July on the electronic trading platform Eurex Bonds, which rounds out Eurex's fixed-income product range (June 2007: EUR17 billion; July 2006: EUR14.94 billion).
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location