Parker Global Strategies announces Michael Parker as new president
Michael Parker has been appointed president of alternative investment manager Parker Global Strategies to give the firm strategic direction and lead its worldwide marketing initiatives, as well as overseeing day-to-day operations.
Parker, who will chair the management committee and also serve as a member of the implementation, portfolio and risk management committees, is based in the firm's Stamford, Connecticut office and will work closely with his wife, founder and chief investment officer Virginia Parker.
'Michael's seasoned management skills and leadership are invaluable as we take the firm to the next level,' says Virginia Parker. 'PGS has a number of important initiatives on the organisational, investment and product development fronts that we will be announcing over the coming months. Michael will be assuming my responsibilities for management of the firm and people, allowing me to focus more on our investments and clients.'
Michael Parker brings nearly 20 years of senior management experience to the firm. He was previously national production director at global reinsurance firm Willis Re, responsible for all production efforts in the US with oversight and strategic control over 50 brokers.
Earlier he built a specialty practice in Stamford that concentrated on credit and financial insurance lines, becoming a leader in providing reinsurance solutions to the US surety industry. He was previously a reinsurance broker at Willcox specialising in construction and financial reinsurance products.
Parker Global Strategies provides institutional and high net worth clients with customised fund of hedge funds, investing across a broad spectrum of strategies, markets and regions. The firm prides itself on its innovative investment solutions, including index-linked products and portable alpha, and comprehensive risk oversight.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location