Robert Mirsky joins Ernst & Young's hedge fund practice
Ernst & Young has recruited Robert Mirsky, previously head of the UK hedge fund practice at Deloitte & Touche, to join its 350-strong hedge funds advisory practice as a tax partner based in London.
Mirsky will be working with the Ernst & Young team across all areas but will have a focus on the growing impact of cross-border transactions and trading activity between Europe, Asia, and the US.
He has worked with Big Four advisory firms in London, New York, Washington, Milan, Bangkok and the Cayman Islands, and specialises in the structuring and ongoing activities of hedge funds.
Mirsky has considerable experience in the establishment, operation, and structuring of efficient trading for both offshore and onshore hedge funds and has handled the tax aspects of cross-border financing, financial products, international mergers and acquisitions, insurance and project financing.
Fiona Sheffield, a partner in Ernst & Young's hedge funds practice, says: 'Robert's industry expertise will help to ensure we are best placed to help our clients drive forward their businesses at a hugely critical phase of the industry's evolution.'
A US-trained lawyer, Mirsky has authored many articles about industry, taxation, and regulatory trends and contributed to the book Hedge Funds and Prime Brokers (Risk Books, 2007), and is chairman of the industry-supported charity Hedge Funds Care UK, which supports the treatment and prevention of child abuse.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund