Executive shake-up at Octane Holding
Robbie Alexander, up to now chief executive of Swiss-based fund of hedge funds provider Octane Holding, will become the company's new executive vice-chairman, the firm has announced, while Dr Gerald Gonzenbach, who was executive vice-chairman, succeeds him as chief executive and Duncan Theron becomes managing director.
Octane says Alexander and Gonzenbach will continue to work closely together for the firm's strategic development. 'Gerald and I are strongly convinced of Octane's superior business strategy,' Alexander says.
'To strengthen our group's business model, we decided to expand our executive team. By switching our positions we will achieve a better integration of our mutual experience - more than 30 years of expertise in investments and alternative asset classes - for the benefit of our company, and ultimately, of our clients.'
James Canales, previously head of risk, will become the new chief investment officer, while Mustafa Zaidi, who has held the position since Octane's launch, will focus on new strategic projects and remain as chairman of Octane's funds. Mark Shore will succeed Canales as head of risk.
'We are convinced that the current strengthening and even closer integration of all resources on the investment, research and risk side will allow Octane to improve its expertise in the delivery of customised hedge fund-based solutions with optimised risk/return characteristics,' says Gonzenbach. 'We will continue to strive for excellence and cutting-edge expertise.'
Founded in 2001, Octane has constructed various risk-profiled fund of hedge funds portfolios with assets under management exceeding USD1.2bn. The firm has its headquarters in Frauenfeld, Switzerland, with the research and risk team based in New York, client service and after-sales teams in Switzerland and South Africa, and custody, audit and administration services provided independently in Luxembourg.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund