Pamplona Capital launches a real estate and infrastructure fund of funds
Pamplona Capital Management has launched the Pamplona Real Estate and Infrastructure Fund of Funds, a fund of hedge funds that aims to provide investors with exposure to major trends in both developed and emerging markets in the real estate and infrastructure sectors.
The fund will target long term returns of between 15 and 20 per cent, with a target annualised volatility of less than 8 per cent, and has secured committed investments from institutional investors of USD30m.
'The real estate and infrastructure fund of funds is the second niche fund of hedge funds product to be offered by Pamplona,' says chairman and chief executive Alex Knaster. 'As with the emerging market fund of funds, Pamplona Real Estate and Infrastructure Fund of Funds offers investors the ability to gain exposure to strong global trends and leverages off our internal experience and expertise.'
John Halsted, managing partner of Pamplona's private equity business will be joining the investment committee for the new fund. He has extensive experience in the real estate and energy sectors, having previously held senior positions at Beacon Capital Partners, a 50-year-old real estate firm with operations in major markets throughout the US, and the Harvard Private Equity Group.
Pamplona was established in March 2005 as an independent alternative asset manager specialising in private equity, funds of hedge funds and single-strategy hedge funds. Pamplona has a staff of more than 30 professionals at offices in London, Tel Aviv and Zug and assets under management exceeding USD3.5bn.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund