Silver Creek hires executive to launch London office
Seattle-based fund of hedge funds manager Silver Creek Capital Management has announced that Gideon Nieuwoudt, former head of European and Asia research for Union Bancaire Privée Alternative Investments, will join the firm as a managing director in July.
Nieuwoudt's appointment is part of Silver Creek's preparations to open a London office this summer to expand its research effort and increase coverage of global hedge fund managers. He will be responsible for expanding Silver Creek's non-US business through increasing investment opportunities in Europe and Asia and will join the firm's investment committee.
'We are excited to have a high-calibre professional in Gideon join Silver Creek,' says Silver Creek founder Eric E. Dillon. 'Gideon's significant experience working with dynamic global fund managers, coupled with his deep understanding of the alternative investment industry, will further enhance our research capabilities.'
The firm's president, Bryan Weeks, says, 'Our London office will help support our growing European client base and complement our US team in identifying hedge fund managers and strategies across Europe and Asia.'
Before joining UBP, Nieuwoudt was a senior manager research consultant at Watson Wyatt Worldwide in New York, where he advised global pension funds, insurance companies and endowments on their alternative investments and was a member of the portfolio management group governing the manager selection and allocations of Watson Wyatt's advanced investment solution clients. He has also worked for Sanlam Employee Benefits in South Africa and Old Mutual International in the UK.
Silver Creek is a fund of hedge funds manager with some USD10bn in assets under management and offices in Seattle and New York, whose team has been managing funds since 1994.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location