Beumo joins Danfonds from Renaissance Capital
Brice Beumo, previously a senior associate at Renaissance Capital who focused on developing specialty finance business initiatives in francophone Africa, has joined Denmark-based investment manager Danfonds as an independent director of its Frontier Market Fund.
Established in 2005 with offices in Copenhagen and Martofte, Danfonds specialises in frontier investments, which it defines as where returns are driven by the misperception of risk. Its offshore funds aimed at sophisticated and institutional investors aim to make high risk, high return investments, both listed and unlisted.
The Frontier Market Fund focuses on fledgling capital markets where the yield curve has not been fully filled out, making it hard to price risk correctly. Danfonds says frontier markets represent one of the least understood and researched investment areas, as well as one of the most exciting from an return perspective.
Beumo joined Renaissance Capital after a spell as a credit analyst for Iroko Securities. Danfonds expects his experience in African debt capital market origination and francophone Africa to enhance the advice and oversight that the fund receives from its board.
Danfonds says its strategy is to establish counterparty and custodial arrangements in frontier markets and to select, screen and value companies that would otherwise be difficult to monitor. Shorting and hedging will be confined to index-related products in the developed markets of South Africa, Turkey, Russia and Brazil.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund