Bank Sarasin appoints Harcourt as advisor to fund of hedge funds platform
Harcourt Investment Consulting has been appointed as advisor to Bank Sarasin's fund of hedge funds platform in a strategic partnership launched when Harcourt advised Sarasin on its Torneo funds in July 2006.
Bank Sarasin plans to manage the majority of its fund of hedge fund investments via the platform. Harcourt will provide services such as manager selection, due diligence and monitoring for the bank's hedge fund offering.
'We are very pleased that with Harcourt we have been able to win a truly valuable long-term strategic partner with enormous alternative investment expertise,' says Nils Ossenbrink, head of products at Sarasin Group. 'The partnership will make a strong contribution to the growth of our open architecture hedge fund platform.'
Harcourt chief executive Peter Fanconi adds: 'For Harcourt, becoming the centre of excellence for hedge fund solutions for the Sarasin Group is a further important milestone and testament to our standing as a leading provider of alternative investment solutions.'
Founded in 1841, Bank Sarasin is a Swiss private banking group with headquarters in Basle and in Geneva, Lugano and Zurich as well as in Bahrain, Dubai, Frankfurt, Guernsey, Hong Kong, La Coruña, London, Munich, Paris, Qatar and Singapore. The bank is listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange and its majority shareholder is Rabobank.
Founded in 1997 and majority-owned by Swiss private banking group Vontobel, Harcourt is a provider of alternative investment solutions for institutional investors with headquarters in Zurich and offices in New York, Hong Kong, Stockholm, Madrid, Geneva and Cayman Islands. The company manages USD5.5bn, exclusively in alternative investments, and employs a staff of 90 professionals.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location