Bublik joins LJM Partners as chief risk officer
Hinsdale, Illinois-based LJM Partners, an investment management firm specialising in managed futures and specifically the trading of options on S&P futures contracts, has announced the appointment of Guillermo Bublik as chief risk officer.
Bublik is responsible for developing quantitative risk management tools and furthering the development of LJM Storm, a proprietary real-time trading system that models and manages risk. The first generation of LJM Storm was rolled out last November.
He reports to LJM Partners founder and chairman Tony Caine and to president Scott Sykora, who says: 'Guillermo will play an integral role in overseeing our significant risk management initiatives.'
Bublik has more than 18 years' experience in building pricing models and risk management systems in equities, foreign exchange, interest rates and fixed income. He was most recently executive director in charge of quantitative development of arbitrage opportunities for the convertible bond and credit arbitrage funds at UBS-O'Connor, the hedge fund arm of UBS Global Asset Management.
Established in 1998, LJM Partners has some USD360m in assets under management. The firm is a commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and a member of the National Futures Association.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location