Olympia Capital Management launches energy fund of hedge funds
Paris-based Olympia Capital Management has launched the Olympia Energy Fund, a diversified multistrategy energy-related fund of hedge funds with an initial investment of USD50m from a leading international energy company.
The Cayman-domiciled Olympia Energy Fund seeks to exploit energy commodity market inefficiencies in order to generate absolute returns. The product aims to achieve long-term capital appreciation and will allocate to hedge funds investing in all the components of the energy and energy related markets and employing CTA, global macro, long/short, equity market neutral and physical trading strategies.
The fund is targeting an annualised return of 5 to 10 per cent above Libor in the medium term (three years), with annualised volatility below 15 per cent. It is Olympia's second commodity-focused fund of hedge funds following the launch in July 2007 of the Olympia Sucden Commodity Fund, a diversified fund of hedge funds.
"The more we look in to the universe of energy-related hedge fund managers, the more we are convinced that hedge funds now have the ability to exploit market inefficiencies, providing significant improvement and diversification to the risk-adjusted return of diversified portfolios," says Olympia's co-chief investment officer Guido Bolliger.
Founded in 1989, Olympia Capital Management is an independent fund of hedge funds manager with USD6bn in assets under management and an investment team of more than 20 professionals at its offices in Paris, New York, London, Zurich and Hong Kong.
In addition to its flagship Olympia Star I fund, which has a 17-year track record, Olympia offers investors a wide range of alternative multi-strategy and thematic funds of funds, as well as managing customised and sub-advisory portfolios.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location