Erin Callan joins Credit Suisse as head of hedge fund business
Credit Suisse has announced that Erin Callan will be joining the bank from Lehman Brothers in September as a managing director, head of its global hedge fund business and a member of the investment bank management committee and global client steering committee.
In her new role, based in New York, Callan will spearhead Credit Suisse's strategic advisory and coverage efforts serving the hedge fund community, in close co-ordination with the businesses that support the bank's hedge fund clients, including prime services, the financial institutions group and global markets solutions group.
Callan spent 13 years at Lehman Brothers, becoming a member of the executive committee and at the end of last year chief financial officer, before being forced to move aside in June after just six months, after Lehman was obliged to do an about-turn on the need to raise fresh capital. Previously she was head of the firm's global hedge fund coverage group.
'Erin will strengthen our position with our hedge fund clients who continue to be an increasingly important client base,' says Paul Calello, chief executive of Credit Suisse's investment bank. 'We and our hedge fund clients will benefit from Erin's talents and experience.'
Credit Suisse says Callan will also be a key addition to its global client coverage efforts. She will oversee global hedge fund accounts with the bank's cross-divisional coverage network focused on hedge funds.
'Erin will help us take full advantage of this key market segment as we move to rapidly extend our gains with hedge funds, building on our strong position with this high-opportunity client group,' says Rob Shafir, chief executive of Credit Suisse's asset management business and of the Americas region.
Says Callan: 'I'm excited to be joining Credit Suisse and look forward to working with their talented people. This gives me the opportunity to return to my roots covering the hedge fund community, which is playing such a critical role on the Street.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location