GLG Partners appoints Jamil Baz as chief investment strategist
New York-listed alternative asset manager GLG Partners has appointed Jamil Baz as chief investment strategist, collaborating with the firm's investment professionals on global asset allocation and working closely with another new recruit, Driss Ben-Brahim, to develop GLG's global macro platform and thematic funds.
Baz was previously a portfolio manager at Pimco, where he focused on designing an asset allocation methodology and building macro and micro trading models for major asset classes, including currencies and fixed income.
Earlier he was managing director in the proprietary trading group at Goldman Sachs, having been chief investment strategist at Deutsche Bank. He is currently also teaching mathematical finance at Oxford University.
'Jamil is one of the most respected investment strategists in the market today and he brings the experience and wisdom gained in over 20 years in the investment business,' says GLG co-founder Pierre Lagrange. 'We very much look forward to working with him as we continue to grow our global investment franchise.'
Co-chief executive Manny Roman adds: 'Jamil's extensive background in developing asset allocation and trading models, and his unique strategic perspective on the markets make him an important addition for GLG. We look forward to the broad insight he will bring to our overall business.'
Established in 1995, GLG aims to focus on preserving clients' capital and achieving consistent, superior absolute returns with low volatility and low correlation to equity and fixed income markets. At the end of March the firm managed assets exceeding USD24bn.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location