D.E. Shaw group hires senior counterparty relationship manager
The D.E. Shaw group has appointed Tom Levy as its senior counterparty relationship manager, in which capacity he will be a primary point of contact between the firm and all financing and trading counterparties.
Levy was previously a managing director, global head of client coverage and co-head of global prime brokerage sales at Morgan Stanley, where he began his career in 1988. Over the past 20 years, he has held various senior equity derivatives and prime brokerage sales positions with Morgan Stanley in the US, Europe and Asia.
'We are delighted that Tom is joining us,' says Julius Gaudio, a managing director of D.E. Shaw and a member of the firm's executive committee. 'With his broad industry experience, client coverage expertise and product knowledge, he is well suited to maximise the effectiveness of our counterparty relationships across a growing suite of investment strategies.'
Says Levy: 'Having worked closely with many institutional clients, I have always been impressed by D.E. Shaw's sophisticated investment approach, collaborative culture, and, more recently, by its global reach. It is exciting to build on this platform as a member of the team.'
D.E. Shaw is a global hedge fund and private equity manager and technology development firm with more than 1,500 employees, some USD39bn in assets under management at the end of June and offices in North America, Europe and Asia.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location