Marathon Asset Management expands equity portfolio management team
New York-based Marathon Asset Management has expanded its portfolio management team dedicated to the global equity business by adding industry veterans with substantial experience.
Anthony Antonucci brings 10 years of experience to Marathon's New York office, where he will become a managing director and portfolio manager with a focus on the global equity volatility markets. He joins Marathon from Bear Stearns, where he was a senior managing director responsible for the US equity derivatives business.
'Marathon's multistrategy approach to investing in global equity markets and the depth of knowledge of the equity portfolio management team drew me to the firm,' Antonucci says. 'I look forward to contributing to the growth of Marathon's equity business.'
Michael Barnett joins Marathon as a director and portfolio manager focused on equity investment opportunities within the consumer sector. He was previously an executive director of JP Morgan's proprietary trading and relative value group and managed event-driven and consumer long/short portfolios. He is joined by his JP Morgan colleague, Anna Massion, who worked for Barnett as an analyst covering real estate- and gaming-related sectors.
'Anna and I are delighted to join Marathon's equity portfolio management team,' Barnett says. 'Marathon is a highly respected player in the alternative asset management community.'
Jamie Raboy, head of global equities at Marathon, says: 'We are thrilled about the new additions to Marathon's equity portfolio management team. Anthony, Michael and Anna will help us to expand the breadth of sectors and products covered in our global equity business as our multistrategy equity platform grows.'
Founded in 1998, Marathon Asset Management - which is not linked to the London-based firm of the same name - is a global alternative investment and asset management firm with USD11.7bn in capital under management and more than 190 professionals at its offices in New York, London and Singapore.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location