Mourant du Feu & Jeane appoints Head of Cayman office
Leading offshore law firm Mourant du Feu & Jeune has appointed funds partner Neal Lomax as head of its Cayman Islands office.
Lomax is a specialist in all aspects of corporate work with a particular focus on investment funds. He is consistently ranked by the Chambers Global, Legal500, IFLR1000 and PLC Which Lawyer international legal directories as one of the leading corporate and finance lawyers in the Cayman Islands. He will continue in his role as head of the Funds team in the Cayman Islands office.
Lomax has been admitted as an Attorney in the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands, as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales and as an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa. Prior to moving to the Cayman Islands, he practised with Skadden, Arps and Simmons & Simmons in London and with Edward Nathan in Johannesburg.
Mourant du Feu & Jeune merged with Quin & Hampson in 2007 and prior to the head of office appointment the firm had been jointly led by partners Neal Lomax and Hector Robinson, who will continue in his role as head of the Dispute Resolution team in the Cayman office. The Finance team in the Cayman office is headed by partner Richard de Basto.
Jonathan Rigby, Managing Partner, Mourant du Feu & Jeune, says, "Neal is taking the helm at a very exciting time for Mourant du Feu & Jeune in the Cayman Islands. We have ambitious plans for our Cayman office and I look forward to working closely with Neal in his new role."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location