Citadel strengthens fixed-income proprietary trading and securitised product activities
Chicago-based alternative asset manager Citadel Investment Group has announced three senior hires that the firm says will expand its capabilities in the fixed-income business in Europe.
Timothy Bryan Wilkinson, a former head of fixed income proprietary trading at Lehman Brothers, will join Citadel's proprietary trading group along with John Alexander Goodridge, also from Lehman, while Alex Maddox will become head of securitised products in Europe. They will report to Patrik Edsparr, head of global fixed income and chief executive of Citadel Europe.
'Citadel continues to attract top talent from across the industry as we strengthen our business on a global scale,' Edsparr says. 'Tim and John have a proven track record in proprietary trading. Their investment acumen, along with Alex's securitised products expertise, will further contribute to the depth and success of the firm's global fixed-income business.'
Wilkinson was previously a European bond option and short swaption market-maker at Merrill Lynch. Goodridge was most recently a senior proprietary trader at Lehman, having previously been a senior fund manager at Shooter Fund Management.
Maddox spent 14 years with Lehman in London, most recently as managing director for securitised products trading, having established Lehman's mortgage trading desk and been head of residential mortgage, asset-backed securities and commercial mortgage-backed securities trading and risk for Europe. He was earlier a director and head of credit derivatives trading at Greenwich NatWest.
Citadel is an alternative investment manager employing 1,300 professionals at its offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Bermuda, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location