Joost Löbler to head Butterfield Fulcrum sales for Europe, Middle East and Asia
Bermuda-based alternative fund administrator Butterfield Fulcrum Group has announced the appointment of Joost Löbler as managing director in charge of business development for Europe, Middle East and Asia.
'Europe, Middle East and Asia will continue to be significant growth areas for alternative investments and asset management, and we are pleased to have such an experienced and knowledgeable business development director to tackle these regions,' says Butterfield Fulcrum chief executive Akshaya Bhargava.
'With our recently announced merger, Butterfield Fulcrum Group has both the resources and talent to become the leading fund administrator in these high growth markets.'
Based in the firm's London office, Löbler will be responsible for overseeing the co-ordination and development of sales in Europe, Middle East and Asia. He has 20 years experience in fund administration and investment banking, most recently as managing director at Equity Fund Services, part of the Equity Trust group. He earlier spent 17 years with Fortis, eventually as chief commercial officer for Fortis Prime Fund Solutions.
'I am excited to be joining at this stage in the development of the new group,' Löbler says. 'Butterfield Fulcrum Group's independence, advanced technological capabilities and operating model will appeal to the best of breed in existing and new funds across the alternative space. More than ever, in the current economic climate, it is important to reassure investors with high quality and transparent service.'
Butterfield Fulcrum has some USD100bn in assets under administration from nearly 1,000 hedge funds, funds of funds, private equity and institutional investment management clients. The firm has around 400 employees at its headquarters in Bermuda and offices in Canada, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, India, Ireland, the UK, the US and the Bahamas.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund