Corazon Capital opens Geneva office
Corazon Capital has launched a Geneva business to offer discretionary portfolio management to investors and their advisers in the region and to those who use Switzerland as a financial base.
The Geneva office will be headed up by Barrie Duerden (photo), a director of Corazon Capital Group, who joined the company in May 2008.
His investment career started in 1987 with Credit Suisse where he was selected for their International Business School in New York and was responsible for building up their fledgling Portfolio Management Department.
In 1996 he helped to establish the LCF Rothschild Group presence in Guernsey, where he was managing director for the last four years. He has wide ranging asset management experience, with particular expertise in risk management.
In addition to its discretionary services Corazon Capital offers a range of specialist alternative fund of fund products to complement its offering.
'This is an opportune time for Corazon Capital to establish a base in Geneva,' says Duerden. 'The company is completely independent and therefore free from the potential conflicts of interest that often beset asset management firms so are able to focus purely on generating highly attractive risk adjusted investment returns. We have built an excellent and independently accredited track record over ten years which is testament to our proven investment process and the depth of experience we have here at Corazon.'
Robert Milroy, Corazon Capital's founder, adds: 'The opening of our Geneva business represents an important milestone in the development of Corazon Capital as our organisation seeks to build internationally on its successes in the Channel Islands. Investors are increasingly demanding genuine independence as a key requirement of their asset manager together with those other critical components of skill and trust. Establishing a presence in Switzerland will enable us to build on these qualities and attract a wider base of clients.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location