Cani Financial names vice-president of business development
Cani Financial Advisors, a provider of quantitative trading technology and alternative asset management, has appointed John McFarland as vice president of business development.
Based in Atlanta, McFarland will be responsible for managing client relationships and will report to director of sales and marketing Daniel Lyle.
McFarland brings to the firm more than 15 years of experience in trading, sales and business development and an extensive network of strategic institutional relationships.
Prior to joining the company, he was vice president of institutional sales for JP Turner, and previously manager and co-head of sales and trading for Ladenburg Thalmann.
Lyle says: 'We are delighted to welcome someone with John's unique talent and skill set to the team. John's appointment represents the achievement of another milestone towards our goal of becoming a leading boutique alternative asset management firm. John has a proven track record leading trading and client related financial businesses. He will help further position the company to continue the execution of our strategic growth plans over the near and long term.'
McFarland adds: 'We will continue to leverage the CFA Recon Alpha computer-driven trading systems and their ability to provide superior risk adjusted returns, regardless of market conditions. I'm looking forward to playing a large role growing this exceptional business in this rapidly changing business environment.'
Cani Financial Advisors is a privately owned alternative investment management and advisory firm located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
It uses the founder's proprietary ReconTrader technology which is at the heart of the firm's quantitative hedge funds and advisory services.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund