Gottex opens Dubai office and appoints marketing head for Middle East
Gottex Fund Management Holdings, an independent alternative asset management group, has announced it will open an office in Dubai to capitalise on growth opportunities in the Middle East and has appointed Wassim Nasrallah as a managing director responsible for sales and marketing in the region.
With significant business activity already in the Middle East, Gottex views the region as one of its core growth areas over the coming years. The region and office will be managed by managing director Hashem Arouzi, a Gottex founding partner, while Nasrallah, who has joined from Lehman Brothers, will work alongside him in Dubai and co-manage the region.
At Lehman Brothers International, Nasrallah was head of generalist sales in Dubai for capital markets and investment management products, having earlier been involved in private investment management with Lehman in Boston, New York and Dubai.
'We are very pleased to announce the opening of our new Dubai office, which will enable us to service better and expand our Middle Eastern customer base,' says Gottex chairman and chief executive Joachim Gottschalk. 'With his extensive experience in the Gulf region, Wassim will be essential to our growth plans in the Middle East.'
Gottex Fund Management Holdings is the holding company of an international group whose core business is providing investment management services to a diversified range of hedge funds and funds of hedge funds. The Gottex group provides portfolio selection and asset allocation advice, as well as risk management and investment monitoring services to an institutional clientele and also structures and manages funds of hedge funds, managed accounts and real asset funds.
Incorporated in Guernsey with offices in Lausanne, London, Hong Kong, New York, Boston, Luxembourg and Zurich and an associated office in Sydney, the group advises funds of funds that are invested with more than 165 hedge fund managers around the world, and had USD13.5bn in assets under management at the end of September.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund