IMF official to become Aima chairman amid leadership restructuring
Hedge fund industry body the Alternative Investment Management Association has announced the appointment of Todd Groome as its non-executive chairman together with the restructuring of its executive team.
Groome - currently advisor, monetary and capital markets department of the International Monetary Fund - joins Aima as non-executive chairman with effect from 1 January 2009.
Groome has been responsible for multilateral surveillance activities and review of capital markets issues, focusing on structural issues, with a leading role on financial stability analysis and considerations for the IMF, including production of the fund's Global Financial Stability Report.
Prior to this role, he has held senior positions at institutions in London, New York and Washington, DC including Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch and law firm Hogan & Hartson.
Groome says: 'I am very honoured to have been invited to assume this role and contribute to the important work at Aima. It is an important period for the hedge fund industry regarding the regulatory and policy framework, and the industry's role as a mature and significant market participant. I very much look forward to working with Andrew, Florence and the other Aima professionals, as well as the Council members and our counterparts at the Managed Funds Association and the Hedge Fund Standards Board.'
Andrew Baker is appointed to chief executive officer of Aima while Florence Lombard is appointed executive director to take on a new, international advocacy role for the industry.
Baker will take over the running of the association, will continue to hold responsibility for the Americas and EMEA activities of Aima, and will complement Lombard's policy activities - particularly in the UK.
He also retains his ownership of all of the association's ongoing sound practices initiatives.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund