SS&C appoints industry veteran as head of alternative fund administration sales
Connecticut-based SS&C Technologies, a provider of financial services software and software-enabled services, has appointed Fred Jacobs as vice president and head of global sales for SS&C Fund Services, its fund administration unit.
Jacobs will be responsible for growing SS&C's fund administration business for hedge, private equity and funds of funds.
He joins SS&C from Fulcrum Fund Services where he served as managing director and lead business development, marketing and new client boarding divisions.
Previously, Jacobs served as a senior vice president at PFPC for over ten years in multiple executive positions.
Before joining PFPC, he was responsible for marketing investment management services and trust products in Latin America for the international private client division of Bank of America, in Los Angeles. Jacobs also worked for extended periods as an international trade banker in the US, Europe and Asia.
Bill Stone, chairman and chief executive, says: 'SS&C Fund Services has experienced considerable growth over the past few years and we are now one of the leading administrators. Given the current market conditions, we need strong global leadership in sales as there are fewer opportunities. I am confident that Fred has the right mix of experience and strategic thinking to help us gain further market share.'
Jacobs adds: 'Firms big and small are now seeing independent fund administrators like SS&C as the most logical way to protect their businesses. This coupled with SS&C's depth and breadth of solutions for the alternative investment space makes SS&C a very exciting place to be. I am thrilled to join the team.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location