Merrill's Margolies joins Ares Management as head of capital markets
Alternative asset manager Ares Management has announced the appointment of Greg Margolies as a senior partner and head of the firm's capital markets group.
He was previously a managing director and head of global leveraged finance and capital commitments at Merrill Lynch.
Managing partner Tony Ressler says: 'We are delighted that Greg will be joining Ares. Our firm continues to expand our platform both geographically and across our private equity, private debt and capital markets activities, Greg's 20 years of finance experience, investing expertise and outstanding business building skills will be a tremendous resource for us.'
Margolies adds: 'I am very excited to be joining Ares and becoming a part of such a dynamic and respected company. Ares' outstanding growth and investment performance present a unique opportunity for me to help continue to build what has become one of the most admired platforms across the leveraged finance market.'
Margolies joins Ares from Merrill Lynch, where he served as a managing director, head of global leveraged finance and capital commitments as well as a member of the executive committee of the investment banking group.
Prior to joining Merrill Lynch in 2003, he held senior positions investing in leveraged finance products at both Deutsche Bank's DB Capital unit and the Carlyle Group. Margolies began his career in career in finance in 1989 at Citibank.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location