Comment: Like Obama, hedge fund managers get down to work
As soon as the dust settles from the new US president's inauguration, hedge fund managers will have their eyes on the Gaim USA 2009 conference as they figure out money-making strategies for this year.
The bill for Obama's inauguration (reported to be USD150m) was mostly funded by hedge fund managers, including George Soros, DE Shaw Group's David Shaw and Grosvenor Capital Management's Stephen Malkin, who gave the maximum USD50,000 per individual. So lucrative ideas for 2009 will come in highly welcome.
This year's Gaim USA conference is reckoned to be more important than ever as it will help investors make sense of the markets. Delegates will be able to hear from leading investment gurus on where returns are most likely to be generated over the coming 12 months as well as gaining clarity on how current economic developments will impact their investment strategies.
One of the most important topics for discussion will the latest trends in investor operational due diligence and hedge fund selection as well as industry best practices. With track records no longer sufficient to win investor confidence, scrutiny of managers' operational infrastructure as well as their investment strategy and execution is considered more vital than ever. Hedge fund managers will do will to play close attention to the non-investment issues high on the radar screens of institutional investors this year.
As the new administration gets down to business in Washington, hedge fund managers will getting ready for the Gaim conference. In their own way, both groups are working to repair the damage of the past year (and further back) and lay the foundations for more lasting prosperity in the coming years.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location