Gartmore appoints head of global alternatives
Gartmore has appointed Paul Graham as head of global alternatives, effective early April.
Graham (photo) was previously global head of alternative sales, business development and client service at Baring Asset Management.
Based in London, he will join Gartmore in early April and report to Phil Wagstaff, Gartmore's global head of distribution.
Over the last ten years Graham's career has encompassed business development roles, predominantly with a focus on alternatives products. In his new role, he will lead the implementation of Gartmore's alternative product and distribution strategy.
He will also be tasked with building on Gartmore's hedge fund range and core European client base, while developing new relationships in the US, Middle East and Asia.
'Gartmore has been a major player in the hedge fund sphere for nearly a decade,' Wagstaff says. 'During this time we have forged strong and successful client relationships across Europe, Japan and the US and have developed a diversified range of hedge fund products with a long and distinguished track record of delivering alpha.
'Not only has this range has proven its worth in extremely challenging markets, but we have met client redemptions without imposing gates. We are confident that such performance will act as a springboard for further growth in the US, Middle East and Asian markets.'
Martin Phipps will continue his long standing contribution to the Gartmore Alternatives business, reporting to Graham as head of European alternatives.
Gartmore is a multi-product asset management firm that provides investment management products and services to retail and institutional investors in the UK, continental Europe, the US, Japan and South America.
Headquartered in London, Gartmore also has offices in Boston, Frankfurt, Madrid and Tokyo. The company is owned by Hellman & Friedman with Gartmore's senior fund managers and executives.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund