Phoenix Funds Services hires chief legal counsel from Citi
Phoenix Fund Services, an offshore and onshore traditional and alternative fund administration services provider, has appointed Michael Brennan as chief legal counsel.
An Irish qualified solicitor, he joins Phoenix from Citi Hedge Fund Services in Ireland, previously Bisys Hedge Fund Services, which he joined as legal counsel in March 2005.
At Bisys, Brennan provided legal support in the alternative space liaising with European and US investment managers, the boards of the funds they managed and their legal representatives. He also provided legal support to Bisys on hedge fund launches and restructurings and acted as a director to various hedge funds of which Bisys was the administrator.
With Citi, he provided legal support to the long-only administration, alternative administration and trustee services businesses.
Brennan previously worked as a corporate lawyer in Dublin and Melbourne, having earlier been an in-house lawyer with Eagle Star Life Assurance Company of Ireland. He qualified as a solicitor with the Dublin firm Hayes Solicitors in 1999.
'I am extremely happy to be joining Phoenix,' Brennan says. 'They are one of the fastest growing fund administration firms in the industry, and I am looking forward to working with the Phoenix team and its rapidly expanding client base. Phoenix provides a truly integrated front, middle and back office solution, which sets it apart from its competitors.'
Steve King, founder and managing director of Phoenix Fund Services' UK operations, adds: 'Phoenix's growth since our inception proves our aspirations to become a global firm, but it is very important to have the foundation to cope with the kind of rapid growth that we have experienced. A strong legal team is a vital part of that, so we are delighted to appoint someone of Michael's calibre as chief legal counsel. His experience speaks for itself and I'm certain he will become an integral part of our team.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location