Conyers expands Cayman team to handle growth in litigation and funds work
International law firm Conyers Dill & Pearman has announced the expansion of its Cayman Islands presence with the admission of three new associates as attorneys-at-law.
Stephen Leontsinis has joined the litigation team, while Tania Dons (pictured) and Preetha Pillai have joined the corporate department.
Richard Finlay, managing partner of Conyers' Cayman office, says: 'Our superior investment funds and litigation capabilities have reinforced our reputation as a preferred firm to partner with in transactions of this nature.
'We continue to expand our team in line with our strategic plans to build on the strengths and capabilities of our Cayman Islands practice. We are proud of our reputation as global leader which attracts such depth of talent.'
Last year Conyers opened new offices in Moscow, Mauritius and São Paulo, as well as making several key hires, and currently comprises more than 550 staff in 11 jurisdictions, including more than 150 lawyers.
Leontsinis is a litigator specialising in insolvency and company law who joins from South African litigation firm Bell Dewar & Hall, having been admitted to the High Court of South Africa in 2003.
Dons will advise on all areas of corporate and commercial law with emphasis on investment funds. She worked as a solicitor at Russell McVeagh in New Zealand and as legal counsel to Fortis Bank in the Cayman.
Pillai spent two years at Conyers' Singapore office before joining the Cayman office, having previously been was general counsel at Singapore Telecommunications.
Established in Bermuda in 1928, Conyers Dill & Pearman advises on the laws of Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Mauritius from those islands and from Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, and Singapore, providing advice on all aspects of offshore corporate and commercial law, commercial litigation and private client matters.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location