Comment: Fink splurges on spectacular penthouse
The former chief executive of Man Group, Stanley Fink, is reported to have bought an apartment with what is said to be the best view in London for GBP10m, a four-floor penthouse at the top of what used to be the Midland Grand Hotel at St Pancras station.
Fink's apartment in the GBP200m development gives him a panorama of the city, with stunning views of landmarks including St Paul's Cathedral, Tower 42, the 'Erotic Gherkin', the Barbican, the London Eye and Telecom Tower. The penthouse also has access to a unique view of the Eurostar terminal from 100 feet above the roof of the station itself.
Fink is said to be ready to spend millions more inside his new 560-square metre home. The top level will be a living room with windows on each side and a 25ft ceiling. Below will be three floors of bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, kitchen, dining room and library.
Last July Fink stepped down as deputy chairman of Man Group (he left the chief executive job in 29007) but returned to the industry a few months later as chief executive of International Standard Asset Management, an alternatives firm with some GBP200m under management. And last month he was appointed co-treasurer of the Conservative Party, donating GBP1m of his own money toward the party's forthcoming general election campaign.
It's hard to say how much time Fink will have to relax over the coming months and years, but he certainly has the perfect surroundings.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund