Veritas appoints Antony Burgess as director of institutional business
Independent investment firm Veritas Asset Management has appointed Antony Burgess to the new role of director of institutional business.
He will have responsibility for expanding the penetration of the firm's Asia hedge funds and global and Asian investment products to UK and international institutional investors.
Burgess joins Veritas from Capital International where he was a vice-president and relationship manager. During five years at Capital, he initiated the company's defined contribution offering, generated segregated and pooled investment assets, and was pivotal in developing institutional business within the UK market.
Previously Burgess spent eight years at Newton Asset Management, where he was head of institutional sales and marketing and head of pooled investment marketing. During a career spanning more than two decades, he has also been institutional sales and marketing manager at Yamaichi Investment Management and Sun Life Investment.
'Hiring an individual of Antony's calibre is a great coup for Veritas and will bolster our expansion into the institutional marketplace,' says Richard Meyrick, director and head of sales and marketing at Veritas.
'We are building our market and sales team to reflect the company's development and cater to the firm's growth to date. In this last quarter alone, we've had significant net institutional inflows and having Antony onboard reinforces our commitment to growing our institutional business.'
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location