Sarah Dobbyn joins Harneys as head of Cayman litigation and insolvency
International law firm Harney Westwood & Riegels has appointed Sarah Dobbyn as head of the firm's Cayman Islands litigation and insolvency practice.
Dobbyn (pictured) has more than 20 years of experience in cross-border insolvencies, restructurings and international commercial litigation in both onshore and offshore environments.
Phil Kite, the global head of Harneys' litigation practice, says: 'With the increased importance of distressed funds work in the Cayman Islands we are delighted to have someone with Sarah's experience to assist clients on their significant and complex matters.'
Says Dobbyn: 'The volatility of the financial markets and the global economic crisis means there is an unprecedented demand for independent expert advice to all parties on cross border insolvency and related litigation, especially in the context of distressed investment funds.
'I am delighted to be joining Harneys' Cayman office at what we expect to be a very active time in order to offer our clients the same range of high quality litigation, insolvency and corporate recovery services in Cayman as they have been used to receiving from the firm in the British Virgin Islands.'
Dobbyn joined Harneys in the British Virgin Islands in 2004 and prior to that she spent five years with Hunter & Hunter, now part of Appleby, in the Cayman Islands. Between 1988 and 1998 she practiced as a barrister in England where she undertook a wide range of insolvency, banking and chancery litigation from the leading commercial chambers of Mark Littman QC, and also spent three years in Germany representing a government party in international arbitrations.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location