Newedge announces senior appointments in Asia
Newedge, a 50/50 joint venture between Société Générale and Calyon, has announced the appointment of three managing directors in Asia-Pacific, as part of the company's continued expansion throughout the region.
Toby Lawson has been appointed managing director of Newedge Hong Kong. Lawson relocated from Sydney, where he was managing director of Newedge Australia. He joined Fimat, which merged with Calyon Financial in January 2008 to form Newedge, in 2000 as head of futures. He also worked at Deutsche Bank and has 16 years of industry experience.
Nick Scarf has been appointed managing director of Newedge Australia, joining Newedge in February 2009 from MF Global in Sydney. He was formerly managing director and chief executive of BrokerOne Australia from 1998 until September 2007, when the company was acquired by MF Global and was responsible for integrating the business into MF Global. Scarf, who also has 16 years of industry experience, reports to Lawson.
Jerome Burban has been appointed managing director of Newedge Singapore. While based in Singapore, he will also maintain his position as managing director of Newedge's Mumbai office. Burban started his career as an OTC equity derivatives broker in 1995, mostly in Japan and Hong Kong. He joined Fimat in 2004 and was appointed head of sales in Mumbai.
Burban and Lawson report to Pierre Gay, chief executive of Newedge Asia-Pacific, based in Hong Kong.
'In Asia, Newedge continues to operate amid volatile market conditions. These appointments will help support growth in our core business, financial futures and options, and additional business lines,' says Gay.
Since the merger, Newedge has expanded its services in Asia-Pacific to include prime brokerage, foreign exchange and metals trading. Newedge operates in eight locations across the region.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location