Scoach and Ariva.de to offer master data database for certificates
The Frankfurt certificate exchange Scoach and Ariva.de have collaborated to establish a master data database for certificates, warrants and reverse convertibles.
Both Scoach and Ariva.de will be providing third-party access to this data as of April 2009.
The new database will help users in their search for suitable certificates. The database differentiates between more than 140 product types and breaks the underlyings down in a schedule of over 150 sectors and categories.
The quality of the data is guaranteed through ongoing validation and multi-layered control mechanisms.
Potential users of the new database will primarily be providers of information terminals and bank-internal applications, online portal operators, and brokers or asset managers from Germany and abroad.
Scoach and Ariva.de have been working together since the summer of 2008 on maintenance of master data and key indicators of securitized derivatives.
Michael Jung, chief financial officer/chief operating officer of Scoach Europa (pictured), says: 'As an exchange, we focus on creating transparency for investors in the products traded via our platform. With Ariva.de we have found the ideal partner to provide the market with high-quality, accurate data. This is not a matter of course in a universe of almost 400,000 securities.'
'Having Scoach as a partner enabled us to achieve unique quality on the market for master data and key indicators in the area of certificates,' says Matthias Vogelsang-Weber, chief executive of Ariva.de. 'The cooperation also gives us the opportunity to further develop our presentation and search tools for certificates, thus also contributing to increased transparency on the market.'
Ariva.de has operated the finance portal www.ariva.de for the past ten years; it is one of the three largest finance portals not connected to a bank. Ariva.de specialises in data maintenance for structured products and has operated the largest database for derivatives in Germany since 2001.
Scoach is a joint venture between Deutsche Börse and the Swiss SIX Group for structured product trading.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location