Fund administrator OpHedge expands Asian initiative
OpHedge Investment Services has announced that founding principal Jeff Li will direct the company's continued expansion into the Asian middle and back office administration space.
Li has served as OpHedge's chief technology officer since the company's inception, and has been a member of the firm's executive operating committee and strategy and risk committees. Li will relocate to Shanghai, heading the company's Shanghai office and assuming oversight responsibility for OpHedge's Asian initiative.
OpHedge, which also maintains a Singapore office, has emerged as the third largest administrator in Asia and as one of the top ten in North America, according to HFN's recently released Hedge Fund Administrator Survey.
OpHedge chief executive Peter Sanchez says: 'Jeff is the ideal person to drive our continuing Asian expansion. His technology credentials enable us to expand IT development, his excellent leadership skill and cultural familiarity with China will prove a catalyst to our Asian business development and operational capabilities, and his status as an OpHedge founder emphasizes the importance that we as a company place on our Shanghai operations and our opportunities in Asia.'
Li came to OpHedge after serving as vice president of the equity quantitative strategies group of Goldman Sachs. Previously, Li was a senior architect at Long Term Capital Management.
Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York, OpHedge Investment Services offers tailored middle and back office solutions for a select group of alternative investment managers. In addition to its Rye Brook, Shanghai and Singapore offices, OpHedge also operates a fund administration subsidiary in Grand Cayman.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location