Cheyne Capital appoints Chris Goekjian as chief investment officer
Cheyne Capital Management (UK) has appointed Chris Goekjian as partner and chief investment officer reporting to Jonathan Lourie, chief executive.
Goekjian (pictured) will have overall responsibility for risk management of all Cheyne funds and investment products, oversight of portfolio management teams and development of new investment products.
'Chris Goekjian's appointment is an important strategic addition to our investment and risk management capabilities at Cheyne and we are pleased that he is joining our strong team of investment professionals,' says Lourie.
Goekjian says: 'It is a great privilege to be joining Cheyne, one of the leading alternative asset managers in Europe. The firm has a reputation for innovation and 2009 is going to be a very exciting time to be at the forefront of change in the alternatives industry.'
Goekjian has over 25 years' experience in investment and risk management. His previous experience includes serving as head of the global fixed income division of Credit Suisse's investment bank where he oversaw more than USD300bn of trading positions.
Most recently, Goekjian was chief executive and chief investment officer of Altedge Capital (UK), a London based fund of funds manager he founded in 2001 and whose business is intended to be integrated into Cheyne over the next six months, subject also to legal and regulatory approvals.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location