GAM appoints new head of UK institutional business
GAM has appointed Nick Spencer as Head of Institutional, UK. He was previously an Executive Director at Lehman Brothers Asset Management, where he headed the company's European consultant relations and was a member of their Alternative Investment Solutions team.
Spencer joined GAM on 22 April 2009, reporting to Craig Wallis, Group Head of Institutional & Fund Distribution.
Craig Wallis commented: "Nick will play a key role in continuing to grow GAM's institutional business by marketing GAM's products to the institutional market in the UK,' says Wallis. "His 18 years of experience in the industry and strong existing relationships with investment consultants will prove invaluable in developing this increasingly important part of GAM's business."
Spencer began his career at Bacon & Woodrow (now Hewitt Associates) before joining Putnam Investments as a Consultant Relations Manager for the UK and Europe. In 2006 he was appointed as an Executive Director at Lehman Brothers Asset Management where he created and managed the company's European consultant relations program. As part of the Alternative Investment solutions team, Spencer provided advice on how pension funds and institutions can best invest in alternatives and helped them develop solutions to meet their particular needs.
Spencer graduated from Churchill College, Cambridge with a First Class Honours in Mathematics and is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location