Saratoga Prime Services selects Nirvana for hedge fund managers
Nirvana Solutions, provider of a real-time portfolio management system for multi-prime hedge funds, prime brokers and fund administrators, has been selected by Saratoga Prime Services to provide a multi-prime technology solution to its hedge fund clients.
Saratoga Prime is the latest of several recent mini-prime client wins for Nirvana Solutions.
"We are delighted to work with Saratoga Prime to offer its hedge fund clients our real-time portfolio management system, Nirvana," says Steve Lewczyk, partner and co-founder at Nirvana Solutions (pictured).
"The dislocation of the market and its impact on hedge funds has led to a complete structural overhaul of our industry. This is particularly true for prime brokerage where the leading primes have retreated from the sub-billion dollar prime services segment. The mini-primes are now rushing to fill this services vacuum. Interestingly, at the same time, we are also seeing that hedge funds' requirements have become much more demanding. Real-time portfolio management systems that can offer execution-by-execution views of critical data such as P&L and risk in a multi-prime and outsourced environment are now considered a pre-requisite. Saratoga Prime has put themselves very much at the forefront of these trends."
Lance Baraker, managing director of Saratoga Prime Services, adds: "The downfall of many financial services firms in 2008 has permanently altered the landscape of the prime brokerage industry. No longer can a USD500m hedge fund be primed with a single custodian. Teaming up with Nirvana has allowed Saratoga Prime to offer real-time reporting that is fully integrated with our tri-custodian model to offer a multi-asset, multi-currency and multi-exchange solution."
Nirvana is the hedge fund industry's first portfolio management system built around the Financial Information Exchange protocol. The ability to accept FIX messages, combined with the aggregation of multi-prime data, ensures real-time views of critical measures such as P&L and risk.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location