Norton Rose appoints investment funds partner
International legal practice Norton Rose has announced that Michael Newell has joined the investment funds team as a partner.
He joins from DLA Piper where he was a partner in their investment funds group.
Prior to becoming a partner at DLA, Newell spent four years at Freshfields where he concentrated primarily on hedge and other alternative investment funds and structured products. Before joining Freshfields he was a corporate broker for closed-ended investment funds at Merrill Lynch International.
Newell says: 'Norton Rose is one of the leading practices for investment funds work. I could not wish for a better platform on which to build a hedge and alternative investment funds practice. In addition to its highly rated investment funds team, Norton Rose has first class regulatory and tax teams to provide clients with the highest quality service right across its international network.'
James Bateson, head of financial institutions at Norton Rose, says: 'Mike is a great hire for us. His experience will further strengthen our offering in all the principal sectors of investment funds and in particular hedge funds and alternative investment products, open ended retail funds and private equity funds. Despite the economic slow down we remain committed to building our business in key strategic areas such as this.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location