Brookfield Asset Management appoints managing partner
Brookfield Asset Management has appointed Leo van den Thillart to the position of managing partner, private institutional equity, effective 1 June 2009.
Van den Thillart is a senior executive with significant experience in building and managing a funds placement business. He also has strong expertise in international marketing in the alternative investments space.
His responsibilities at Brookfield Asset Management will include managing the client relationship and fund operations group, implementing fundraising strategies and managing private equity institutional relationships, which he will carry out from Brookfield's London offices.
Van den Thillart was previously senior managing director and global co-head of the private funds group at Bear Stearns JP Morgan. Based in London, he was responsible for the overall strategic and operational management of an international advisory and placement businesses with offices in London, Munich, New York, Toronto, San Francisco and Melbourne. He was also the vice-chairman and executive director of Crane Capital Associates, a global private equity firm he helped co-found in London in 1997 and where he worked for a decade.
'We are very pleased that Leo has accepted to join the Brookfield team,' says Jeff Blidner, senior managing partner at Brookfield Asset Management. 'His accomplishments and experience base, as well as his network of deep institutional relationships make him an ideal candidate to run our private institutional equity activities.'
'Brookfield has an outstanding reputation as an asset manager,' says van den Thillart. 'Its focus on real assets and its operational capability make it extremely well positioned to meet the needs of investors in the current market environment. I am thrilled to join the organization at this juncture, and look forward to working with a dynamic institutional equity group as we pursue opportunities to grow the business.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location