Malbec Partners expands alternative asset management platform
Malbec Partners, an institutional alternative asset management platform, has appointed Costas Hamakiotes to its emerging markets team as senior trader.
Hamakiotes joins portfolio manager Bill Geisler and senior research analyst Lars Pedersen and will report to Geisler.
"We are delighted that Costas has joined us. Costas, Bill, and Lars all successfully collaborated together for six years at Lehman and two years at CSFB. They have been tested during the most stressful periods for emerging markets, and we are excited to have such an experienced team reunited here at Malbec Partners," says Jeff Trongone, president and chief executive.
"Malbec's focus on risk management was an important factor in my decision to join the firm as was the opportunity to rejoin my highly esteemed long-time colleagues," says Hamakiotes. "Bill and I look forward to incorporating more relative-value trading opportunities into the emerging markets strategy. The emerging markets continue to offer exceptional investment opportunities, and I am delighted to join Malbec."
Hamakiotes has 19 years of experience investing in emerging markets. He joins Malbec Partners from Global Securities Advisors, an investment adviser that he co-founded and managed for six years which specialized in managing emerging markets fixed income relative value strategies.
Prior to GSA, Costas spent over six years at Lehman Brothers from 1996 to 2003, where his accomplishments included building a real-time analytics platform and then heading the firm's emerging market relative-value proprietary trading desk. During that same time period Geisler served as Lehman's global head of emerging markets. Prior to Lehman, Costas spent two years at CSFB building trading models and the framework for its proprietary book.
Hamakiotes began his career at Salomon Brothers in 1990, where he spent five years developing the Salomon Brothers Brady Bond Index and starting the firm's emerging markets eurobond trading desk.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location