Craig Weynand joins NuWave as managing director
NuWave Investment Management, an alternative investment manager specialising in the application of quantitative investment strategies, has hired Craig Weynand as managing director of business operations.
Weynand will assume a senior leadership role within the firm, as NuWave continues to strengthen its existing management team and enhance its operational infrastructure.
"NuWave is taking a very serious view on how best to integrate and manage various elements of its business, including trading, performance reporting, legal and compliance, and investor relations," says Troy Buckner, NuWave's founder and managing principal. "By bringing in top talent such as Craig, we are in a great position to increase our depth of management and more effectively manage our growth."
NuWave now manages more than USD500m in assets, the vast majority of which are traded pursuant to the firm's combined futures portfolio, which commenced trading in 2001. The portfolio employs a multi-strategy systematic approach applied across a broadly diversified set of financial and commodities markets, and is designed to capture directional price opportunities in both bull and bear market scenarios. The firm also trades a market neutral long/short equity portfolio that captures directional trading opportunities in individual US equities.
Weynand, age 39, comes to NuWave after nearly 20 years in the alternative investment industry. Most recently he was director of investor services at Graham Capital Management, responsible for overseeing the firm's investor relations, marketing and product development efforts. From 2003 through 2005, he served as general counsel and a member of the executive management committee of Campbell & Company, where he was responsible for all aspects of legal affairs and regulatory compliance, as well as general oversight of the firm's trade support and internal audit functions.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location