Conyers adds lawyers to offshore litigation practice
Offshore law firm Conyers Dill & Pearman has recruited litigation lawyers to its Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands teams.
Former Cayman Islands complaints commissioner Dr. John Epp (pictured centre) joins as attorney-at-law in the firm's Cayman Islands litigation practice, while barrister Monique Peters has joined the British Virgin Islands office.
Nigel Meeson QC, head of Cayman Islands litigation (pictured left), says: 'As clients look to firms with superior strength and depth of expertise, our reputation for delivering responsive, timely and thorough advice has seen our litigation practice gain continued momentum. Our Cayman Islands litigation team has trebled in size over the past two years as we continue to expand our reach. John has considerable trial and appellate advocacy experience and we are proud to have him join us.'
Mark Forté, head of BVI Litigation, adds: 'BVI is a major offshore litigation centre, and we anticipate the number of complex and substantive disputes involving sophisticated clients to continue to grow, particularly in light of the newly established BVI commercial court. We plan to double our BVI team by the end of this year, building on the successes we have achieved in our already prominent commercial litigation practice in BVI. We are pleased to welcome Monique to the team.'
Epp has significant advocacy experience. Prior to joining Conyers, he was the first Cayman Islands complaints commissioner, appointed by the governor and reporting to the Legislative Assembly. He started his legal career as a civil litigation specialist in Saskatchewan, Canada.
Peters has practiced international commercial law from BVI for the last three years. She holds a BA and an LLB from the University of the West Indies and obtained her legal education certificate from Hugh Wooding Law School.
The firm says the current economic climate has seen a wave of litigation, driving rapid growth in client demand for Conyers' litigation services.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location