Exotix hires Vikas Nath as chief executive
Exotix, a market broker and investment banking boutique, has recruited Vikas Nath as its chief executive.
Vikas (pictured) will be responsible for Exotix's strategy across all its businesses and markets. He is also tasked with developing the firm's research and advisory capabilities, in addition to exploring new business ventures.
Vikas joins Exotix from North of South Capital, a London and Hong Kong-based hedge fund which he co-founded in 2004, and which was named the emerging markets hedge fund of the year for 2007. As well as managing a shariah-compliant emerging markets hedge fund, Vikas was responsible for all marketing and investment research.
Prior to this, Vikas spent ten years on the sell-side in research and management roles. During the mid 1990s, he was a global emerging markets strategist at UBS and Credit-Suisse and was consistently ranked amongst top-three strategists by most major surveys. Vikas also managed UBS's Latin American equity research team.
In 1999, Vikas moved to a management role at Deutsche Bank as global head of equities marketing. He returned to emerging markets in 2001 as head of emerging equity markets team at HSBC, where he was the product manager for Europe, Middle-East & Africa region and also oversaw sales for global emerging markets products.
Peter Bartlett, founder and managing director of Exotix, says: 'This is a significant coup for Exotix as Vikas is one of the most experienced and respected emerging market specialists in the investment industry. His appointment clearly underlines our ambition to exploit the many business opportunities within emerging economies, many of whom have significant growth potential.'
Nath says: 'I am delighted to be joining Exotix. Despite being firmly established in a number of the world's most exciting frontier markets, Exotix is looking to grow further. As well as being deeply impressed by the commitment and enthusiasm of IPGL and its major shareholder, Michael Spencer, it was the scale and ambition of the firm's plans for the future that convinced me I was making the right move.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location